Thursday 17 May 2012

[HM:253311] A generic checklist for a project manager





---------------------------------------------
1. My project has clear Business Objectives & Quality Goals.

2. My project has an Estimate/ Budget, which is formally approved by a responsible authority/ project sponsor.

3.My team members (including vendor/partner teams where applicable) are aware of their roles. They are skilled and adequately trained.

4. Risks involved in my project are clearly documented. I discuss the Risk Matrix with my Project sponsor frequently. (At least once every 20 days).

5. My project progress is formally reviewed. I review every week and my sponsor reviews it every fortnight/month. I can show progress reports and minutes of the reviews.

6. I analyze performance against Quality Goals.

7. My team is enthusiastic about working on the project. 

8. I have set up clear issue resolution & escalation mechanisms in place - to address potential issues & conflicts within the team and with the client.

9. I am always in control of project scope. I have mapped my requirements documents with project proposal. I have implemented a formal Change management in my project.

10. My project scope can be verified from requirements document, and with help of bi-directional traceability document.

11. I have taken internal audit, work product audit and configuration audit recently (not more than a month back) (applicable in case your company has audits in place)

12. The work break down structure/project plan that I currently have reflects the latest schedule, formally agreed upon by myself, my delivery head and my customer.

13. I ensure all work products are technically reviewed before they are put to use (for development/solution configuration) or passed on to customer

14. The project I manage currently reports less than 5% variance on schedule, effort, cost /budget variance and defects. (Or any other target your company may prescribe)

15. I always ensure there is sufficient knowledge transfer every time my team set up changes. 

16. All deliverables that require internal or client approvals have such approvals in place. Such deliverables are used downstream post approval

--
We are also on Face Book, Click on Like to jois us
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hyderabad-Masti/335077553211328
FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hydmasti/
 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/hyd-masti/GO9LYiFoudM/TKqvCCq2EbMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment