Thursday 19 March 2015

[HM:257735] Dad's Letter to his Son



Dear Son,
I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons...... 

  • Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable, nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early. 
  • I am your father, and if I don't tell you these, no one else will. 
  • What is written is my own personal bitter and better experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches. 

Remember the following as you go through life.... 
  1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I. To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because, everyone has a motive for every move. When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend. 
  2. No one is indispensable, nothing in the world that you must possess. Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through life when people around you don't want you anymore, or when you lose what / who you love most. 
  3. Life is short and every day counts. Do not look for another day or event or person or a thing to give you happiness. Staying happy is your decision and you can be happy in any situation, if you desire to be so. Trust me, I have lost a major part of my life waiting for "something from some to happen at some time" to give me happiness. Finally, I have realized that "something is my decision to stay happy and enjoy life", that "some one" who can give me happiness is myself and that "some time" is "now" and ever. Trust me I feel like being a new born and wish that I realized it 39 years ago. Better late than never. I would advice you to start being happy from today. 
  4. Do not postpone actions. If you have something to do, do it now. Keep saying to yourself "If not me, who". If not now, when?". It is better to finish the work and stay relaxed later.
  5. Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness. Don't over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don't over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love. 
  6. A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags! 
  7. Do not worry about failure. Some times, failures can teach you more powerful lessons than the success. The lessons learnt from failure will not be easily forgotten. Learn from your mistakes. Do not repeat mistakes. Make newer ones, so that you can learn new lessons.
  8. I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, either would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a supporter ends when you are grown up. After that, you decide whether you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich or poor. 
  9. You honour your words, but don't expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don't expect people to be good to you. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles. 
  10. There is no free lunch! Even if you get one, it won't taste as much as the one that you have bought yourself. Do not wait or plan for fortune. Work hard, learn and earn your success. Do not accept "success" as a gift, work your way to "earn" it.
  11. No matter how much time I have with you, let's treasure the time we have together. 
  12. Be thankful for what you have today...Your friends, your belongings, your family and everything...Nothing is permanent. Relish and value them when you have it. If you miss any of them, work your way to earn them back.
  13. Know that every step of your way, your mom and I will be there to support you...We trust you, have faith in you and love you so dearly. We are thankful to God or whatever it is, that gave you to us.
  14. I am not your friend, but your dad. That means that I am more than a friend to you. Trust me and feel free to share anything with me, with out worrying about what I will feel and how I will react. We are here to help you.
  15. Do not worry about others laughing at you. The laughing ones will stay there and you will move on and up your way to success. Do not be distracted from your journey and focus.
  16. There will be some to bully you, but learn to maneuver your way through them and beyond them. If things go out of hand, escalate to your Teacher / Mom / Myself / Police based on the case.
Always affectionately.
Yours father
Source:Unknown

--
--
We are also on Face Book, Click on Like to jois us
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hyderabad-Masti/335077553211328
FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hydmasti/
 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/hyd-masti/GO9LYiFoudM/TKqvCCq2EbMJ

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hyderabad Masti" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hyd-masti+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment