Wednesday 8 October 2014

[HM:257505] 9 Ways I Can Help Resolve Electricity Crisis




Electricity is the backbone of a country as millions of tasks, around the clock, are done with the help of electricity in industries, homes, offices, hospitals, schools and so on. Hence, for sure, a country's economy is seriously linked with its energy reservoirs.

Due to the on-going countless hours without electricity in Pakistan, it has become a grave concern of each Pakistani today on how to get rid of this situation. In fact this situation has raised the index of depression, stress and anxiety in society. Every soul is cursing the governments (current & past) for not giving proper importance and taking concrete steps on this subject. However, very minute population is really focusing on the solution of this crisis. Probably 99% of inhabitants think that construction of new dams is the only solution to the problem. This is a major sign of misunderstanding and unawareness because there are several other techniques, if wisely adopted can bring adequate improvement in resolving energy crisis.

Below I am going to draw your attention towards surefire steps for managing the situation at grass root level. The steps mentioned below are in the format of self-audit so that the reader can feel the sense of self accountability. If the answer to these questions are in negative then there is no need for cursing the government because the reader too, unfortunately,  not playing your role just like the government agencies and ministries.

1-    Have I replaced the High Wattage bulbs with the Energy Saving bulbs at my home, shop and/or office? I have to understand the fact that when I replace only one 80 watt bulb with 15 watt energy saver, I will save 65 watts. If one million people do the same, then overall 65 million watts (6500 KW or 65MegaWatts) of electricity will be saved. If the whole nation does this, imagine how much huge difference we can make !!! 

2-    Do I use electricity wisely? At day times there is no need for lights. At night I should turn of my computers, ovens etc instead of putting them on 'sleep mode'. Every single watt matters if I consider the big picture.

3-   
When I visit the market, do I encourage shop owners to turn extra bulbs and tube lights off ? Do I encourage them to use one large bulb of 100 watts instead of 5 small bulbs of 50 watts each?

4-   
Is it possible to use Solar energy devices at home? I should search in the market to see if solar re-chargeable batteries are available?

5-   
Too old appliances (Fans, machines etc) are consuming a lot of energy and increasing my monthly bills. In recent years a lot of new appliances are available which are smart and energy efficient.  

6-   
Do I turn the lights, fans and other appliances off when leaving the room?

7-   
Do I turn the air conditioner off when I am away from home for more than 2 hours? Do I set the thermostat at 24 degrees?  Article written by Junaid Tahir

8-   
If I belong to any media company (TV, print, internet, radio etc), can I arrange some seminars for the public awareness? Can I take some steps to share the knowledge with people who do not use internet?

9-   
Should I share this email/article with more and more Pakistanis for awareness so that I can contribute to bring revolutionary impact in resolving the energy disaster?

As we know that there are thousands of jobless people because of the closed factories/industries due to energy crisis; the families of such people are living hand to mouth life now a days. So next time, when you carelessly use the electricity, tell yourself that partially you are responsible for the circumstances of those kids who didn't eat their food as their father didn't earn because of the closed factory/shop. Realize your responsibilities and play your role starting NOW instead of waiting for government to start the large and time consuming projects although pushing the relevant ministries in respective domains should not be stopped at all.

in , , , - 13 comments

About Author: Junaid Tahir is a passionate blogger. He writes articles on Leadership, Stress Management and Life Enhancement subjects at his personal blog

--
--
We are also on Face Book, Click on Like to jois us
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hyderabad-Masti/335077553211328
FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hydmasti/
 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/hyd-masti/GO9LYiFoudM/TKqvCCq2EbMJ

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hyderabad Masti" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hyd-masti+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment