Friday 27 January 2012

[HM:250718] Prepare for Your Job Interview with this Interview One-Sheeter

http://m.lifehacker.com/5877626/prepare-to-ace-your-job-interview-with-this-job-interview-one+sheeter


https://docs.google.com/previewtemplate?id=0Aako7Xi-nxN1ZGc0OHpqNXpfMTBmc2Q2aDZnZg&mode=public&pli=1



Job Interview One-Sheeter - Your Personal Cliffs Notes
Brought to you by Jenny Blake, LifeAfterCollege.org

Note from Jenny: My approach to preparing for interviews is to treat them like preparing for finals. I create a bullet-ized one-sheeter about myself with short buzz-words and answers to key potential questions that I can quickly glance down at (if necessary) during job interviews. 9 times out of 10, just preparing the one-sheeter will lock these ideas into your brain so you don't even have to look down - but it's nice to have the Cliffs Notes with you just in case. This template has nine areas that were helpful to me - feel free to add/edit for what you feel is most useful for you.

Five Key Points:
The top 3-5 things I want the interviewer to remember about me. Highlight key strengths.









  •  

This is why I rock:
Stories/examples that show I'm a rockstar and uniquely suited for this position! 










Areas for Development:
Strategic answers to that dreaded "tell me about your weaknesses" question. 











Brilliant Ideas:
Based on what I know, my suggestions for improvement or future direction of team.









My overall work/team philosophy:
How I generally approach challenges & opportunities, and what excites me.











Questions I have:
About the role, interviewer, company, future growth opportunities, etc. 










My Short/Long Term Goals:
How this role fits well in my career plans. Why do I want THIS position? What makes me a good fit?








  •  

  •  

Specific Challenges:
What are some specific challenges I've faced, and how did I overcome them?









  •  


Other Notes:




--
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/hyd-masti/GO9LYiFoudM/TKqvCCq2EbMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment